This past weekend was my 21st birthday! Looking back at the past 21 years, it’s so crazy how time flies! There are days that I honestly feel like I’m still 16. I’ve said this so many times but this past year has been such a whirlwind and I have truly learned so much about myself and life in general.
I’d like to think that I’ve learned some things over the past 21 years other than the quadratic equation and want to share some my wisdom with all of you! Here are 21 things that I have learned in my mere 21 years of life and some pics to recap the weekend’s festivities. Enjoy!
- Be kind. No matter what.
- Stay humble.
- It’s okay to cry, actually, it’s very important to cry.
- Stay in touch with your family and friends, no matter how near or far they are.
- If it doesn’t matter in a year, it’s not worth the stress.
- Keep an open mind – Don’t be quick to judge people/things.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Stay true to your childhood dreams.
- Invest in people that invest in you.
- Take care of your body – hop on the treadmill, eat some kale
- Alone time is one of the best things you can do for yourself.
- Push negativity aside.
- Believe in yourself.
- It’s okay when plans change.
- Do what makes you happy.
- Stand up for what you believe in, even if you alone.
- Don’t make promises you can’t keep.
- Start every morning with positive thoughts.
- Moderation is key.
- You don’t need to know what you want to do with your life at 21.
At this point in my life, I honestly feel like the possibilities are endless. I’m excited for what the year ahead has for me and I can’t wait to share this crazy journey called life with all of you!